Thursday, June 28, 2007

staging


now in san fran for the staging. 64 people are coming with me to china!!! quite a diverse crowd - though we will all be educators when we get there.

four hours today and 8 hours tomorrow of reflections, discussions and getting to know yous.

it feels so good. honestly. two days before i left i felt the fear and the anxiety about crossing that bridge to this, but because of the extra day at home, that gap became the width of dental floss. i was ready and i wasn 't sad or anxious - it was time to go.


it's gorgeous here everything feels so and essential to me.


as i was reading the peace corps mission i realized this has been my life - sustainable development.


youth group - work is love made visible
teaching - teach students to be advocates for their own education
AVID - advancement via individual determination



everything that has made a difference in my life is working on sustainable development - giving interested people the skills to do what they need to do themselves. teaching people/students how to fish.



i don't know much, but i do know how to kick ass and motivate people.


when i became a teacher i felt a certainty that was overwhelming - a costco sized inhaler for my soul. it hurts - a soccer cleat punctuating my life purpose.




i'm crying realizing how much this is who i am)



i miss my family, my life in denver, my students...



but from my cold dead hand will you take this opportunity from me.


dammit....